Thursday, December 27, 2012

PARENTAL GUIDANCE


I am very excited to report that I conducted my last interview for Late Bloomers!

My subject was a young woman, around 25, who throughout her life maintained a very difficult relationship to her mother, who suffered from mental illness.

She told me some really sad details about her mother acting angry and sad all the time, as a result of depression, and only saying goodnight to my subject while sleeping. My subject told me she would crawl into her mother’s room every night to say goodnight, because even if her mother was not awake and possibly did not mean it, she wanted to hear it. 

I think the interview is great for the story I am going to write, as a theme many young women can probably relate to is a difficult relationship with their mother.

I am relieved in a way to have this inteview done, but this means I have to start the writing process which, admittedly, is getting a little easier.

I wrote out some plans for the structure of each story today and I am going to continue to work on it. I am hoping to come up with some rough drafts by next week so I can submit them to my advisor at school and get them edited. I also have a photoshoot planned next week, so I will post a sample photo from it most likely. The concept is a little risque so I am hoping for feedback through comments and messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment