Thursday, January 10, 2013

ROUGH


As of now, I have two rough drafts of stories done.

I wrote about one being what one believes about oneself, and in the story the character is a smoker who continues to smoke because she believes herself to be the qualities, both positive and negative, that define the classic example of a smoker.

She also smokes because she misses her mother, who passed away from cancer-related smoking, and in the story the cigarette takes the form of a character named Sigourney.

I also completed a story about role models, using the interview I conducted with the sex trade worker I met a while ago. That one was hard to write because I was not sure what details to include, and what to leave out. 

At least I am making progress. If there is one thing I have learned in Creative Communications, it is not to be a perfectionist. It is best to simply get out a written draft, even if it feels like it’s being vomitted out, and then start to work on it. At least you have something to work with at that point.

I will continue to seek inspiration and to have fun with my creativity and to write my stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment